Saturday, August 16, 2008

1st day of Jr. High


*** Please help me now ***

Can you believe it, Whitney is now in Jr. High. The last couple of weeks of getting everything ready, making sure she had cool clothes and all the new gadgets to make school fun has been quite interesting, a lot has changed since my Jr. high days. Getting all of her locker stuff together, and making sure her and Hannah her locker partner would be some what organized, has been fun I have to say. I even got creative and made a few little things to personalise it a little more. On last Monday we had to go and make sure we had everything done with her class schedule since she decided at the last minute she didn't want to take band after all, we ended up paying for her to change her classes around, which moved a bunch of things all over the place, but we finally got it figured out. I payed all her school fees, which really have gotten expensive since I was in school.
We then got to try to find her locker and it was rather funny to watch the 2 of them trying to open their locker for the first time, I hope they get it down fast or they had better carry all of there books with them at all times! On Thursday night it was 7th grade orientation, and she was able to walk from class to class and meet all 8 of her teachers. Then this morning was the big day she was dropped off at the bus stop and was off to Jr. High. Well the bus came 15 minutes late which made her tardy for the first class, good thing it didn't count against her today, then she got all turned around between one of her classes, and had to get help to get to the next class, needless to say she was exhausted when she got home. In stead of just having 4 classes today they had them do both A day and B day so it made it even more confusing. At least they only had the 7th graders today at school so they could have 1 day without the upper class men in the building to scare the crap out of them, that will all take place on Monday.
Whitney has grown up so fast, and this morning while she was getting ready, doing her hair, and putting a little make up on, which I finally gave into letting her do, but I have to approve or I get to do it for her. I really started to get sick to my stomach, I am not sure if I just did not feel good, or if it just made me so nervous that she has grown up so much and thinking of everything she will be experiencing these next few years just really got to me. I actually ended up throwing up before I took her to the bus, but between you and me we will just say I was sick!!
I guess we will just have to see how the next couple of weeks go, hopefully she will have fun, and not struggle to much.
Tomorrow she has her Volleyball draft she has to be to at 9:00 am - 12:00, just another thing to add to her plate, but she is excited to start playing again, and in a couple of weeks she will be trying out for the school team as well.

1 comment:

chelon:) said...

what a beautiful young lady. whitney, you have grown up so fast! congrats on being in the seventh grade :) i am sure that you will do great!